Leeds University Business School in the United Kingdom is granting Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships for foreign students in the 2021/22 academic year.
For the second year in a row, Leeds University Business School is first in the United Kingdom for Accounting and Finance, and top 10 across all subjects, as ranked by the Guardian University Guide 2021.
They are a foremost, full-service business school, constantly ranked highly by the Financial Times, QS and The Economist, and one of a small number of schools globally to be triple licensed by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. They provide undergraduate, masters, MBA, Doctoral, executive and professional studies and online study, to more than 3000 scholars from all over 100 nations.
They are a top ten business and management research institution, as ranked by the 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF). The institution is one of the foremost higher education institutions in the United Kingdom, ranked in the top 100 universities globally (QS rankings 2020) and a part of the esteemed Russell Group of research-focused UK schools. LUBS is a single-school Faculty of the University of Leeds, with yearly revenue of £74.5m and around 425 staff across six Divisions. Their mission is to have an exceptional effect on business and society worldwide via leadership in research and teaching.
A number of full Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships are obtainable each year to support future first-class research in the fields of accounting, finance and banking. These scholarship awards are extremely competitive and consequently, they are looking for exceptionally motivated, self-driven individuals who are fervent about research. They are seeking to take in candidates who are able to completely commit to a demanding journey and who are aiming high for a successful career, whether in academia or a career in business. Their objective is to help support your passion for your subject and propel you to reach your prospect.
To allow accepted candidates to fully devote their time to their education, the Accounting and Finance Division are providing full scholarship awards which provide both fees and a yearly maintenance amount.
Worth of Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships
- The Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships will provide complete fees at the University of Leeds standard rate of fees.
- An allowance will also be provided at the standard UKRI rate (£15,285 in academic year 2020/21).
Duration of the Award
- Full-time (3 years). The scholarship will be awarded for one year in the first instalment and renewable for an additional period of up to two years, subject to acceptable academic progress;
Eligibility for Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships
- To be qualified for the PhD program, you should possess a British Master’s degree (or equivalent degree program from a foreign university) or an equivalent professional qualification, with an average score of at least 60 per cent (or equivalent) and in an acceptable academic field.
- Candidates should not have already been granted or be presently studying for a doctoral degree.
- Awards have ti be taken up by 1 October 2021.
- The scholarship awards are obtainable for new Postgraduate Researchers undergoing part-time or full-time research study leading to the degree of PhD. Candidates who are already enrolled for PhD research study are not eligible to apply.
- Candidates have to live within a reasonable distance of the University of Leeds whilst in receipt of this award.
How to Apply for Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships
- So as to apply for the Accounting and Finance PhD Scholarships, you must first apply for a place on the PhD program at Leeds University Business School.
- You will then be able to apply for the scholarship award, using the student ID number you gotten after submitting your PhD application.
- You should have submitted all the required documents in support of your PhD application by the scholarship application closing date.
- If English language is not your first language, you have to submit proof that you fulfil the Leeds University Business School minimum English language criteria before registration.
- You are not required to have met the condition at the time you apply
- Applications end on April 15, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here