Campus France is taking applications for the France South Africa Scholarship Programme for South Africans in France for the 2021/22 school year.
France South Africa Scholarship Programme is aimed at South African scholars who plan to study in universities or higher academic institutions in France for their master’s degree program or PhD. The program is also open to Lesotho scholars.
The present call for applications is available for students who plan to commence their studies in France in September 2022. Candidates will be individually gotten in touch with as needed. The list of the recipients and the waiting list will be published according to the specified timeline. Follow-up requests by candidates will not be responded to.
Owing to the variations between the Southern and Northern hemisphere calendars, recipients will follow a particular program in South Africa from January to July 2022. This track will be comprised of online French courses arranged by the network of the Alliances Françaises. It may also comprise an internship in French Companies located in South Africa, based on the opportunities and the profile of each recipient.
This call for applications is available to all areas of studies.
Candidates are advised to read carefully the rulebook for the France South Africa Scholarship Programme and the FAQs. You can also check the Campus France South Africa web page to find more information on higher academic institutions and study programs in France. If you require any assistance or advice on finding the most appropriate program for you, you can get in touch with Campus France South Africa.
The France South Africa Scholarship Programme of the French Embassy in South Africa is on the basis of a highly selective call for applicants in order to reinforce high-level exchanges between France and South Africa. An Advisory Board Panel, set by the French Embassy, will oversee the program and the selection procedure. The Advisory Board is comprised of representatives from the Department of Science and Innovation (DSI), the Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET), the French South African Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FSACCI), the National Research Foundation (NRF), the joint office of CNRS, IRD and CIRAD in South Africa and also renowned and high-level academics from France and South Africa.
Worth of France South Africa Scholarship Programme
- The France South Africa Scholarship Programme awards a monthly stipend to pursue studies in France covering living costs.
It also comprises social security coverage for the entire stay in France,
- tuition fees exemption (up to 5000€),
- priority on housing in a student residence and
- one return air ticket to France.
- The monthly stipend granted is around 700 Euros for masters candidates and 1400 Euros for PhD candidates.
Eligibility for France South Africa Scholarship Programme
- Undergraduates who are in their last session of Bachelor/Bachelor with Honours presently at university for a Masters level award, or in their last year of Masters for a PhD award are qualified to apply.
- However, they will be required to enclose evidence of their present year enrolment in their school; and if possible their first-semester academic records.
How to Apply for France South Africa Scholarship Programme
- The submission of the individual project (future plans) must supply the Advisory board with crucial elements which will assist to evaluate the candidate’s choices in terms of the host university, syllabus, of research subject with respect to his/her previous studies. This presentation must clearly highlight the applicant’s motivation. There are no particular requirements regarding this presentation form.
- Closing date of the present call for applications: 21 September 2021
- Information sessions by Campus France: follow social media
- Interview of the qualified applicants: October 2021
- Results: November/December 2021
- Specific program in South Africa (online french programs and possibly internship): January 2022 – July 2022
- Departure to France: Early September 2022
Candidates and Scholarship recipients will be gotten in touch with individually when needed. Because of the high number of applications, follow-up requests by applicants will not be answered. The panel’s deliberations are beyond dispute.
The closing date of the current call for applications is September 21, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Europe Scholarships here