The University of British Columbia is welcoming applications for the General Bursary Program for the academic session 2021-22. Candidate has to be a Canadian national or permanent resident who has a student loan and an unmet financial need.
The University of British Columbia is a state-owned research academic institution with university grounds in Kelowna and Vancouver, British Columbia. Founded in 1908, UBC is British Columbia’s oldest institution of advanced learning. The University of British Columbia (UBC) is an international centre for learning and research, teaching, regularly ranked among the top 20 state-owned universities in the world and recently acknowledged as North America’s most global university.
Ever since 1915, their slogan, Tuum Est (It is Yours), has been a statement of their devotion to attracting and assisting those who possess the passion to build a better world. As a result, UBC students, faculty and staff keep on embracing innovation and challenge the existing state of affairs, positioning them at the forefront of innovation, learning and engagement. UBC motivates bold thinking, curiosity and initiative, so you can attain your greatest potential.
As one of the world’s foremost academic institutions, the University of British Columbia develops an excellent learning environment that nurtures global citizenship, progresses a civil and viable society, and supports exceptional research to serve the folks of British Columbia, Canada and the world.
UBC’s General Bursary program is structured to assist you in meeting your “unmet need,” which is the gap between 1) your evaluated educational and living expenses, and 2) your obtainable government assistance and anticipated financial contributions.
This General Bursary Program at UBC provides most bursaries obtainable to UBC candidates. If you are getting into UBC straight from high school or transferring from another college or university and you have unmet financial requirement, you should think about putting in for the bursary program and also the Centennial Scholars Entrance Awards.
If English language is not your first language then you will have to demonstrate that your English language skills are at an acceptable level to succeed in your studies.
Description of General Bursary Program at UBC
- Application Deadline: September 15 and June 1.
- Course Level: Bursaries are obtainable for studying undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Study Subject: Bursaries are granted to study the subjects provided by the university.
- Nationalities: Canadian nationals are qualified to apply.
- Number of Awards: Not Known
- The award can be taken in Canada
Eligibility for General Bursary Program at UBC
- Eligible Nations: Canadian nationals are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Conditions: To be qualified, you have to be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident who possesses a student loan and an unmet financial need. Candidates in undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, and graduate programs are all qualified unless the program is labelled as a professional program.
- English Language Criteria: If English language is not your first language then you will be required to demonstrate that your English language skills are at an acceptable level to excel in your studies.
How to Apply for General Bursary Program at UBC
- How to Apply: To submit an application, sign in to the Student Service Centre and select Apply for Bursary.
- Supporting Credentials: You have to attach your academic transcripts of all the past school attended and citizenship of Canada.
When is the deadline for General Bursary Program at UBC?
If you’re commencing your studies in September, the closing date is September 15. If you’re commencing in May, the closing date is June 1.
Your student loans have to be confirmed by the bursary closing date to be qualified for UBC bursaries. To make sure you meet this closing date, the school strongly suggest you apply for your student loans by July 15 for Winter Session and March 31 for Summer Session bursaries.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here