The University of Adelaide is presently taking applications from qualified candidates for the Global Academic Excellence Scholarship award program in Australia for the 2021/2022 school session.
This is a very competitive scholarship award that rewards new incoming undergraduate and postgraduate coursework international candidates. Particularly, students who have displayed academic excellence in past studies.
Worth of Global Academic Excellence Scholarship
Each faculty will grant only two scholarship awards of a 50% discount of the tuition fee to the candidate in their faculty.
However, this award goes to the candidate with the highest score over an ATAR of 98 or GPA of 6.8.
Eligibility for Global Academic Excellence Scholarship at University of Adelaide
As a general guide, the University of Adelaide will give consideration to candidates who have accomplished an academic record on par with the following:
- undergraduate degrees: Raw ATAR of 98 OR its equal.
- postgraduate coursework degrees: A GPA 6.8 out of 7 OR its equal.
The following candidates are not qualified to obtain the Global Academic Excellence Scholarship award:
- Present University of Adelaide scholars who are transferring from one program to another before successful conclusion of their program of study (internal transfers);
- Candidates who are beneficiaries of a scholarship award providing tuition fees granted by a recognised scholarship awarding organization like a government ministry or agency;
- Candidates for Masters by Research or PhD programs.
- Candidates for certain programs; check the scholarship award terms and conditions for a list of excluded degree programs.
The University retains the right to vary the awards, revoke or not to offer scholarship awards if:
- candidates have not attained or cease to fulfil the eligibility conditions of the awards; or
- the scholarship award beneficiary has been found to have submitted incorrect or misleading details during the application procedure; or
- a scholarship beneficiary fails to sustain good academic standing and progress; or
- there is a case of gross misconduct by a scholarship award beneficiary; or
- in any other case where the University decides that the scholarship award eligibility conditions have not been met.
How to Apply for Global Academic Excellence Scholarship at University of Adelaide
As far as the Global Academic Excellence Scholarship program is concerned,
- It is not required to put in for the 2021-2025 University of Adelaide Global Academic Excellence Scholarship award. This is because this scholarship award will be automatically granted to students who satisfy the eligibility conditions.
- To this end, no separate scholarship award application form is needed, rather, scholarship beneficiaries will be notified at the point of acceptance.
The Global Academic Excellence Scholarship program is subject to the listed terms and conditions and the following candidates are not qualified to receive this scholarship award:
- have not obtained an offer for the scholarship.
- are beneficiaries of a scholarship granted by a recognised scholarship granting body like a government ministry or department.
- are enrolled in Masters by Research or PhD programs.
- possess packaged offers of University of Adelaide College or Eynesbury programs (packaged) with a University of Adelaide degree program.
- Present candidates who are transferring from one program to another before successful conclusion of their program of study (internal transfer candidates).
The scholarship beneficiary may be asked to take part in a photo shoot and finish a testimonial for the University, which may be posted on their website or used for other publicity purposes. The scholarship beneficiary has to be willing to be featured in such publicity collateral produced by the University and take part in publicity activity arranged by the school. Accepting the terms and conditions of this scholarship award verifies a scholarship beneficiary’s consent to be used for publicity purposes.
First half of 2021 (Semester 1, Trimester 1 & 2)
All applications to study with the school have to be lodged by Jan 3rd, 2021.
Second half of 2021 (Semester 2, Trimester 3 & Term 3)
All applications to enrol with the school have to be lodged by June 13th, 2021.
A list of qualified candidates will be provided to faculties for selection of scholarship awards. Successful candidates will be notified in writing within fourteen days of faculty authorization.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here