The International AIDS Society (IAS) provides the International AIDS Society Scholarship award to help delegates to take part in the conference.
The IAS Conference on HIV Science is the world’s most influential meeting on HIV research and its applications. This biennial conference presents the critical advances in basic, clinical and operational research that moves science into policy and practice. Through its open and inclusive programme development, the meeting sets the gold standard of HIV research featuring highly diverse and cutting-edge studies.
The International AIDS Society Scholarship award Programmes are vital constituents of the conference as they substantially impact the involvement of individuals from resource-limited settings at the conference, and in turn add to the international educational impact of the conference.
Worth of International AIDS Society Scholarship
- The International AIDS Society Scholarship Programmes provides full registration to eligible and qualified applicants.
- The programme supports individuals who contribute to the conference programme, along with applicants who are able to demonstrate that they will transfer the skills and knowledge acquired at the conference to the work they undertake in their own organizations and communities.
- Additionally, the Media Scholars will be able to participate to the IAS 2021 Journalist Fellowship programme that will be conducted virtually, and will feature live and recorded online training with foremost HIV treatment, prevention and care research and execution experts.
- The programme will include special resources for Journalist Fellows, dedicated access to conference chairs and other key speakers as well as special online briefings throughout the conference.
Eligibility for International AIDS Society Scholarship
The International AIDS Society Scholarship Programme is open to anyone around the world working or volunteering in the field of HIV and who is at least 18 years old at the time of the conference. Priority will be given to:
- Abstract presenters
- Those whose involvement will assist in improving their work in their own communities
- Those who are able to assist in the transfer of skills and knowledge acquired at the conference
- Delegates from lower-income countries
- Delegates who belong to key populations including people living with HIV.
- Therefore, community representatives, healthcare workers, junior investigators and media representatives from resource-limited settings can apply for a registration waiver for IAS 2021.
- Please be aware, only a limited number of scholarship awards are available and candidates are therefore strongly implored to also look out for other sources of funding.
- An IAS 2021 Scholarship Working Group, comprised of foreign advisors is guiding this programme process and will assist to review and score scholarship award applications.
- Media scholarship applicants will be asked to provide media accreditation and supporting documents such as samples of their work and a letter from their editor.
How to Apply for International AIDS Society Scholarship
The application process is entirely free.
- Applications via email are not accepted.
- You can submit your conference or media scholarship application through the IAS 2021 conference profile from 15 January until 26 February 2021, 23:59 CET.
- Your conference profile has to be finished prior to when you start a scholarship award application.
- General delegates and speculative presenters who wish to ask for financial assistance to attend need to hand in a scholarship application form and a recommendation letter from a manager, colleague or peer.
- If your application form is incomplete or the recommendation letter is not submitted by 26 February 2021, 23:59 CET, your application will not be considered.
- If you are a media representative, you must complete the media scholarship application form and submit three samples of your work, as well as a letter from your editor by the deadline
- Once an application is handed in, the candidate gets a confirmation email containing the scholarship award application number.
You can hand in your scientific or media scholarship award application via the IAS 2021 conference profile from 15 January until February 26, 2021, 23:59 CET. All applicants will be notified about the status of their application early May 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here