Maryville College in the United States is welcoming applications for the International Diversity Scholarship award for Undergraduates in 2021.
Maryville College is perfectly located in Maryville, Tennessee, in the middle of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park and Knoxville, the state’s third biggest city. Renowned for providing its scholars with a demanding and highly personal experience, Maryville College is a nationally rated institution of higher learning that effectively joins the liberal arts and professional groundwork in association with others. Established in 1819, Maryville is the 12th oldest college in the South and keeps an association with the Presbyterian Church (USA). Total matriculation for the Fall 2020 semester is 1,072.
For almost 200 years, Maryville College has been steered by the watchword of their creator, the Rev. Isaac Anderson: “Do good on the largest possible scale.” All through their history, the College has continued to be devoted to offering students with avenues to grow, learn and lead. Maryville College endeavours to be an growing asset in the broader community, and they do this in a number of ways: holding art and culture events, providing educational programs, helping with community-focused research, and offering interns and volunteers to local businesses, establishments, churches and civic organizations.
Maryville College provides one full-tuition scholarship award to an incoming freshman every academic session. The International Diversity Scholarship award is their most prestigious scholarship award for foreign students. It will provide the full expense of tuition for every academic session and is renewable up to four years on the condition that the candidate satisfies the appropriate criteria (maintains F-1 student standing, does two hours of service each week with the Center for International Education Cultural Ambassadors Program, and keeps at least 3.0 GPA.) Yearly increases to scholarship awards (above tuition) are not obtainable. The candidate will have to prove that he/she possesses enough funds to provide the remaining expense of attendance to obtain an I-20.
This scholarship award is their most esteemed scholarship award for first-year foreign students with a proven record of exceptional academic accomplishment, character and leadership and a well-defined plan for adding to the international community on campus. A minimum of 3.0-grade point average is required. Replaces academic merit scholarship. A phone/Skype interview will be required.
Worth of International Diversity Scholarship at Maryville College
The International Diversity Scholarship will provide;
- The full expense of tuition for every academic year and is obtainable up to four years given that the candidate satisfies the appropriate criteria,
Eligibility for International Diversity Scholarship at Maryville College
To be eligible for the International Diversity Scholarship, you must;
- Be a first-year (freshman) international candidate (Non-U.S national or resident)
- Have handed in a finished Maryville College application for admission by March 1st
- Possess a proven record of exceptional academic accomplishment, character, and leadership
- Possess a well-defined plan for contributing to the international diversity on the Maryville College campus
- Possess a well-defined plan for adding to the international community on the Maryville College campus
- Possess exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Reside on campus for the entire four-year period of study
- Be an international student with at least 3.0 GPA.
How to Apply for International Diversity Scholarship at Maryville College
Application for the International Diversity Scholarship award is done online. Go to the website and complete the online application form.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to submit a 300-500-word essay describing why you think you are a qualified candidate for the Diversity Scholarship award. Be certain to address the following items:
- How will schooling at Maryville College help your academic and career objectives?
- Describe your proposal for sharing your culture on the Maryville College campus as part of their Cultural Ambassadors program.
- Give instances of past experiences that have gotten you ready to execute your plan successfully.
The application process requires:
- Completed application to Maryville College
- Separate finished application for the International Diversity Scholarship award [made available to candidates granted admission via their MaryVille Portal – MVP
Application ends on March 1, 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here