The Western Illinois University welcomes applications for the International Graduate Commitment Scholarships available for international candidates to pursue a graduate degree program at the university.
Situated in Macomb, Illinois, Western Illinois University is one of the prominent universities that provide a range of academic programs together with top quality education. The university is ranked 413 among the top public and private universities and colleges, according to Forbes’ student rankings.
They provide student-centered undergraduate and graduate programs characterized by innovative teaching, research, and service, grounded in interdisciplinary, regional and global perspectives. They engage their students in educational opportunities guided by a professional and diverse faculty and staff in collaboration with alumni and community partners.
WIU offers an outstanding variety of in-demand undergraduate and graduate programs, integrated programs, pre-professional programs, and certificate programs.
Each year, the Western Illinois University offers financial assistance for foreign candidates to assist them with school fees, registration costs, accommodation and meals for the period of a candidate’s continued education. It is the first higher academic institution in America and the first University in Illinois State to offer such a benefit.
Western Illinois University is also offering the Guaranteed Price Plan for graduate candidates seeking a Bachelor’s degree program, and also for those transferred to an Associate’s degree study. Candidates that move to Western Illinois University the following semester after graduating as an Associate are qualified for the past year’s cost guarantee rates.
International Graduate Commitment Scholarships Description:
Western Illinois University provides a great international scholarship award chance to assist bring the best students from around the world to the United States through the Graduate International Graduate Commitment Scholarships.
- Host University: Western Illinois University;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Graduate Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 4,000$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects available: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: May 01, 2021.
The objective of this program is to financially help and support excellent candidates who wish to continue their graduate studies at Western Illinois University.
Benefits of International Graduate Commitment Scholarships
The University of Western Illinois will offer a grant of up to $4,000. This is a revolving allocation which is available for the fall and spring semesters.
Eligibility for International Graduate Commitment Scholarships
- Applicants must be recently accepted in university graduates, international unsponsored academics, applying for the first time to the Western Illinois University;
- Applicants must achieve an academic average of 3.00 verified by the Western Illinois University;
- Full-time scholars engaged in online studies are also considered for admission. Has to be a freshly admitted graduate, non-sponsored foreign student entering WIU for the first time.
- Renewable for a second year with a 3.0 GPA maintained
- Continuous full-time enrollment required (Prorated to $500 per 3 SH if an immigration exemption has been awarded for the final semester)
- 50% will be awarded fall semester and 50% will be awarded spring semester
- Recipients may enroll in summer school at in-state rates
- Candidates obtaining a graduate assistantship are not qualified for this award
- Scholarship only applied to WIU tuition. No cash refund is available.
How to Apply for International Graduate Commitment Scholarships
Applicants for the International Graduate Commitment Scholarships should be admitted as part of their postgraduate studies at the university. It is only then that they are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Required support documents: Students need to have a copy of their Passport and their academic grades.
- Conditions of Admission: Applicants need to graduate from high school and complete all the admission conditions to be accepted in this scholarship.
- Linguistic Qualification: If English is not a first language, students must demonstrate that their English language abilities are advanced in order to be successful in their studies. One of the following exams will be required to show that they have sufficient English language proficiency: TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP, PTE.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here