Max Delbruck Centre for Molecular Medicine in Germany welcomes applications for the Fully-funded PhD Positions at Max Delbruck Centre available to applicants who have concluded or are in the process of concluding a Master’s degree program in chemistry, informatics, biology, or some related field for 2021/2022 academic session.
The MDC is located in Campus Berlin-Buch, a modern science and biotech park with a clear concentration on biomedicine and different opportunities for child-care amenities and schools. Berlin is one of the most lively cities situated in the center of Europe. With a population of about 3.4 million people, Berlin provides a remarkable load of entertainment and sports events, making it a famous destination to visit and reside in.
- An exceptional scientific, global and collaborative learning environment
- Personalised PhD supervision & mentoring
- Support of the thesis committee
- Cutting-edge scientific, research-related & methods training
- Access to advanced infrastructure & core facilities
- Regular lectures, journal clubs & seminar series
- Involvement in one of their specialised research programs
- A designed program for personal & career growth
- Involvement in PhD symposia, retreats & social undertakings
- Travel stipends for external courses & workshops
- Active alumni network
Worth of PhD Positions at Max Delbruck Centre
- PhD researchers are completely funded via an initial 3-year employment agreement with the MDC.
- Salaries are in line with national standards, according to 65% TVöD 13 (monthly net payment of around 1600 EUR).
- Health and social insurance are comprised in the contract. In many situations, contracts are prolonged for an extra year.
- All PhD researchers are expected to conclude their PhD research and thesis in 4 years. The university tuition fees each semester are around 350 EUR, and comprise public transportation ticket.
Eligibility for PhD Positions at Max Delbruck Centre
- Candidates for PhD Positions at Max Delbruck Centre are mandated to hold or get within 6 months of the interview week a university degree equal to a Master’s Degree program (≥75% or German score of a minimum of ‘good’, <2,5 of 5) comprising a written research thesis.
- Candidates still studying should expect to receive their degree not later than 6 months after the interview week.
- Graduates having concluded their degree program have to upload with the application package a scanned copy of the program certificate and also transcript containing marked coursework from the university. Candidates still registered in their undergraduate program have to upload a provisional certificate specifying the examination marks already gotten.
- Candidates shall at the period of interview be in the initial four years of their research careers and not yet been granted a PhD degree, based on the European Commission’s definition of early-stage researchers.
- Please be aware that applicants who have in the past been invited for interviews, will not be given consideration for a further interview.
- Language skills: Candidates are required to possess a good command of written and spoken English, while German language skills are not needed. English adeptness tests for non-native speakers are recommended like TOEFL test with a score of 95+ (internet-based), 240+ (computer-based) or 587+ (paper-based), IELTS certificate with a total score 7.0+, or Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English(CAE).
How to Apply for PhD Positions at Max Delbruck Centre
Apply online through their website, click the link provided below.
Required documents to be submitted
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages at most).
- Transcript (record of study containing scores) AND degree certificate of BSc degree, Vordiplom or related. Applications without marked transcripts cannot be further considered.
- Transcripts (record of study containing scores) AND degree certificate of Master’s degree program, Diplom or related in German or English. If you have not yet finished your Master’s degree program, you have to submit temporary transcripts containing scores. Applications without marked transcripts will not be further considered.
- Two recommendation letters: Fill out all contact information fields of 2 referees in the application portal and your referees will be sent a request for a letter of recommendation. Please ensure that references are submitted on time! References arriving after the reference closing date will not be attended to and applications will be considered unfinished.
Applications for PhD Positions at Max Delbruck Centre end by January 2021.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here