Imperial College London provides annually the President’s PhD Scholarships to 50 research candidates with exceptional academic records and prospect who wish to undergo a Ph.D. program at Imperial College London.
Imperial College London was established in 1907 by the royal commission, and it is a world-class, state-owned research institution that provides research-led education to its candidates, and exposes them to real-world issues.
If you are an exceptional undergraduate or Master’s scholar and possess a strong desire to undergo a PhD program at a top-notch research institution, you could be chosen to obtain full tuition fees and a generous allowance for a PhD place at Imperial College London. The President’s PhD Scholarships intends to offer up to 50 research candidates with great prospects the chance to work within their selected research field with the backing of an outstanding supervisor.
Openings for PhD funding through this scheme are highly competitive, with higher than normal eligibility conditions. Candidates must be confident that they are able to display exceptional academic performance prior to applying for this scholarship program. Past successful beneficiaries of the scholarship program have ranked highly in their class, often attaining grades of 85% or more in their degree(s).
- Host University: Imperial College London;
- Host country: The United Kingdom;
- Scholarship Level: PhD;
- Scholarship Value: Full tuition + other benefits,
- Eligible Countries: International students;
- Number of scholarships: 50 scholarships;
- Application Deadline: January 8, 2021.
Benefits of PhD Scholarships at Imperial College London
The scholarship award beneficiary will get the following financial support for up to 3.5 years:
- Full funding for tuition fees.
- A yearly allowance of £21,600 to assist with living expenses.
- A consumables grant of £2,000 each year for the initial 3 years of study.
- A program of tailored opportunities and events offered by the Graduate School.
Eligibility for PhD Scholarships at Imperial College London
- Applications are taken from exceptional applicants from any part of the world, as well as the UK. There are no constraints on nationality.
- Candidates have to belong to the highest highfliers in their undergraduate class and be in possession of, or due to obtain a first-class UK degree or equivalent.
- Applicants with a separate Master’s qualification are required to have attained a distinction or, where this has yet to have been attained, be able to supply proof of high performance that will result in a distinction. They have to also possess a first class UK undergraduate degree or equivalent (combined Masters that form part of an undergraduate degree program, e.g. MSci, MEng, M.Math, are evaluated by Admissions as an undergraduate qualification when deciding eligibility). Applicants with more than one standalone Master’s qualifications should have attained a distinction in the one most applicable to their PhD study.
- Candidates with diplomas from universities and institutions situated outside of UK need to ensure that their grades are equal to the relevant eligibility conditions.
- Before putting in for the President’s PhD scholarships, candidates should have already gotten in touch with a supervisor in the academic department of their choice at Imperial College London who has agreed to oversee their research project. Please be aware that supervisors are restricted to supervise one candidate at any time.
How to Apply for PhD Scholarships at Imperial College London
Interested candidates have to apply to study at Imperial College London via the college’s online admission system, and candidates will be directly given consideration for the scholarship award depending on their academic record as well as their prospect.
Candidates may be asked to write a 1000 words personal statement (at most 2 pages) that describes their academic and research accomplishments, and where they will have to describe briefly their intended research project.
Candidates for the PhD Scholarships must also satisfy any other additional application conditions required by their department of choice.
For additional information, visit the Imperial College London official website
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here