The Leahurst Nurses’ Foundation Scholarship has been established to provide financial support to students encountering financial hardship, as a result of undertaking their final clinical placement in their undergraduate nursing degree.
The Leahurst Nurses’ Foundation Scholarship is open to all students undertaking their final placement in 2022.
Flinders University is a public university situated in Adelaide, South Australia. Founded in 1966, the university was named in honor of navigator Matthew Flinders, who analyzed and explored the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century.
The university is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group and tags in the 10-16 bracket in Australia and 36th in the world of those set less than 50 years.
Flinders University pioneered a cross-disciplinary strategy for education, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities are rated among the nation’s top 10.
The university is rated within the world’s top 400 institutions in the Academic Ranking of World Universities. Also, the latest Times Higher Education rankings of the world’s top universities rank Flinders University in the 251 to 300 bracket.
Worths of the Scholarship:
The Leahurst Nurses’ Foundation Scholarship is valued at $2000 paid within two weeks of beginning the final clinical placement.
Eligibility for Leahurst Nurses’ Foundation Scholarship
Applicants for the Leahurst Nurses’ Foundation Scholarship must:
- be enrolled or registering in their final clinical placement of an undergraduate Nursing degree at Flinders; and
- be able to display financial hardship and/or expected financial disadvantage because of undertaking the placement; and
- have a GPA of 4.5 or above; and
- not receive a similar scholarship for the same placement.
The Leahurst Nurses’ Foundation Scholarship is open to all students undertaking their final placement in 2022. Candidates can apply even if the details of their final placement have not yet been confirmed. Note that placements for some students won’t be confirmed until after the scholarship closing date.
Interview date, Process, and Venue for Scholarship
- The Leahurst Nurses’ Foundation Scholarship will be awarded based on financial need and academic merit.
- The scholarship is granted at the choice of the selection panel. There is no commitment to offer the scholarship in any given year, should there not be a qualified applicant.
Selection of the candidates will be made by a panel that will include representatives from the College of Nursing and Health Sciences.
How to Apply for Leahurst Nurses’ Foundation Scholarship
Applications for Leahurst Nurses’ Foundation Scholarship should be submitted online through the Flinders University Student System. Candidates will need to log in and navigate to the My Scholarships tab to apply. The application form for this scholarship is called ” The Leahurst Nurses’ Foundation Bachelor of Nursing Scholarship”, or you can search for it by the keyword “Leahurst”.
Applicants should read the how to apply page and ensure all of their details are up-to-date in the Student System as you will be considered using this information.
The following documentation will be needed as part of the application process:
- Applicants who receive a Commonwealth Income Support payment will need to display proof of this. This can be done by uploading a recent Centrelink (or DVA) Income Statement which shows you are presently in receipts of government means tested benefits.
- Applicants who are not in receipt of a Commonwealth Income Support payment as defined above will need to complete the Financial Hardship Form which is downloadable below.
For more inquiries, visit the Flinders University website.