The Zukunftskolleg has started a fresh call for application for ZUKOnnect Fellowship program for candidates from Africa, Asia and Latin America.
This fellowship program can establish a first bridge to the German and European academic system, and they also encourage PhD candidates in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not provide employment deeds for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
Eligibility for ZUKOnnect Fellowship
- You are from and work in a nation in Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- You have a doctorate (at most 2 year of postdoctoral experience) OR are a PhD candidate in your final year.
- You do not possess a permanent professorship, nor do you possess a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
- Your research work should align with one of the fields represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should indicate a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you plan to work with (no need to get in touch with the person(s) in advance),
- Preference will be afforded to candidates who intend to team up with one of the present Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
Application Deadline: 24th February 2021
Eligible Nations: Nations in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
To be taken at (nation): Germany
Type: Research, Fellowship
Number of Awards: 4
Benefits of ZUKOnnect Fellowship
- An allowance of 1.200€/ month for PhD candidates and 2.000€/month for postdoctoral researchers (in line with DAAD guidelines)
- Standard costs for economy-class flight to Konstanz and back.
- Access to events arranged by the Zukunftskolleg;
- Access to library resources;
- Access to IT services;
- Access to research support services (through Research Support);
- Following the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, ZUKOnnect Fellows can prolong their membership with a digital fellowship for extra 6 months.
Obligations for visiting researchers
- You will reside in Konstanz or nearby all through the ZUKOnnect Fellowship (the Welcome Centre of the University of Konstanz will provide support with all logistic aspects of moving to Konstanz);
- You will actively add to the interdisciplinary discourse at the Zukunftskolleg at the weekly Jour Fixe meetings (during semester);
- You will relate with fellows and scholars in related departments at the University of Konstanz;
- You will make a presentation in a workshop or a public lecture;
- You will recognise Zukunftskolleg support in any publications ensuing from the stay;
- You will compose a concise report on your activities and accomplishment (within 6 months of concluding your ZUKOnnect Fellowship).
Duration of Awards: The commencement date is between 1 September 2021 and 1 October 2021. The on-site allowances are supplemented by a digital fellowship prolonging it to a 12-month ZUKOnnect Fellowship.
How to Apply for ZUKOnnect Fellowship
Please hand in your application papers in English as PDF files through their online application portal. The reference number is 2020/232. Applications must include:
- A motivation letter (comprising your goals for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg and a description of how your research aligns with the research setting at the university) (at most 2 pages)
- Short explanation or summary of your present research project (at most 3 pages incl. bibliography)
- A comprehensive work and time plan for your on-campus research stay
- Your curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates (PhD certificate OR a letter from your PhD supervisor verifying the status of your PhD thesis)
- One academic reference letter, on official letterhead paper and signed by the referee.
Additional information is obtainable online, where you will also find a wide-ranging FAQ document. Additional questions can be sent to Daniela Kromrey through e-mail: [email protected] or by phone: (+ 49 (0)7531 88–5686). If the budget circumstances permits, the Zukunftskolleg can award financial support for family members who travel with the ZUKOnnect Fellows during the fellowship.
They look forward to accepting your application, with all required documents, until 24 February 2021 (15:00 CET)
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here