Robert Bosch GmbH in Germany is providing the Bosch Pre-Masters Scholarships that merge theory with practice, enabling you to spend time working in the organization and then study for your master’s degree program.
Robert Bosch GmbH is a global leader in engineering and electronics and has its HQ close to Esslingen.
The Bosch Pre-Masters Scholarship program comprises of two phases – practical work in their company, and after that, study at a university.
While in-house at Bosch, you take on duties related to your field that will later on form the central point of your master’s degree program, e.g. product development, manufacturing, or marketing. Based on when you begin, this phase can take up to 12 months. You are afforded a general introduction to their organization and attend a minimum of one specialist workshop reflecting your interests. While becoming comprehensively acquainted with everyday and project business in your area, you also obtain an idea of what is happening in related fields.
With your hands-on experience as a launch pad, you then get on with your master’s degree program and pursue your preferred concentration. In this phase also, you can count on their professional guidance on the hands-on side of things.
Worth of Bosch Pre-Masters Scholarship
- Improve your professional capabilities with the responsibilities allotted to you.
- Gain from excellent professional and personal guidance.
- Sign a fixed-term contract valid until your graduation, and get payment for your services.
- Clear the path to a promising start to your career – many PreMaster candidates become Bosch associates immediately after graduating.
- Widen your knowledge in professional seminars, for instance, on quality management or carrying out negotiations.
- Enjoy membership in their student program, [email protected], which functions as a high-class network and opens doors to career growth.
Eligibility for Bosch Pre-Masters Scholarship
- They welcome candidates from all over the world. You should possess a strong understanding of the German language and plan to do your master’s program at a German university.
- You finished your bachelor’s degree program in Computer Science or Engineering, the Natural Sciences or business field with exceptional grades and aim to get your master’s degree.
- Apart from distinction in your technical field, you also bring these personal attributes to the table:
- Pioneering strength and readiness to learn
- Goal-orientation and ambition
- A sense of responsibility and the ability to work autonomously
- Initiative and a high level of commitment
- Team spirit and social skills
- A cosmopolitan outlook
- Good English skills; other international languages are an advantage
How to Apply for Bosch Pre-Masters Scholarship
- Please make use of their online application form, which you will see on every Bosch Pre-Masters Scholarship publication.
- All your credentials can be submitted as file attachments (resume, covering letter, references, etc.).
- After an initial selection based on the written applications, applicants will be asked to an interview with an HR associate and the supervisor of the applicable specialist department.
- As part of the interview procedure, the applicant frequently also has the chance to meet a few co-workers and create an impression of the working environment.
The Bosch Pre-Masters Scholarship award comprises of two phases – hands-on work in their organization followed by study toward a master’s degree program. The hands-on phase last usually twelve months but may not be that long. The length and commencement date are decided on an individual basis. The following master’s degree typically takes two years (four semesters) to finish. All in all, the PreMaster Program is structured to extend over a maximum of three years.
Since winter semester 2017/2018, candidates from non-European nations have to provide tuition fees in Baden-Württemberg and Sachsen of 1,500 euros / semester.
Application Deadline: There are no application closing dates for the PreMaster Program. Vacancies are filled as needed all through the year.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here