Manchester Metropolitan University is taking applications for the Chancellors and Vice-Chancellors Awards for exceptional foreign candidates in the United Kingdom for the 2021/22 school year.
Manchester Metropolitan works hand in hand with its city, the community, with businesses, and its academic peers domestically, nationally and globally to be inventive and resourceful, and also generate brilliant opportunities, and enable its scholars, colleagues and everyone whose lives it influences to make an impact.
About Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester Metropolitan University (MMU) is a state-owned academic institution situated in Manchester, England. The university has its roots in the Manchester Mechanics Institute and the Manchester School of Design, which became Manchester Polytechnic in 1970. Manchester Polytechnic then obtained university status under the government’s Further and Higher Education Act, transforming into the Manchester Metropolitan University in 1992.
Manchester Metropolitan University is a recognized member of the Association of MBAs, and associate of the University Alliance, the North West Universities Association, the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the European University Association, and Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Presently, it is also home to the Manchester School of Theatre, the Manchester School of Art, and also the Manchester School of Architecture (MSA) run in partnership with the University of Manchester.
Worth of Chancellors and Vice-Chancellors Awards at MMU
Chancellor’s International Scholarship award: £8,000
- Postgraduate programs: at least 1st class (or equivalent) in their first degree program at a renowned institution.
- Undergraduate programs: an evident, exceptional academic record showcased in their high school certificate results, or related qualification (at least equivalent to AAB in A levels).
Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship award: £6,000
- Postgraduate programs: at least a 2i class (or equivalent) in their first degree program at a renowned institution.
- Undergraduate programs: an evident, exceptional academic record showcased in their high school certificate results, or related qualification (at least equivalent to ABB in A levels).
Eligibility for Chancellors and Vice-Chancellors Awards at MMU
To be eligible to put in for the Chancellors and Vice-Chancellors Awards, candidates have to hold an unconditional or a conditional offer of admission to an eligible program at Manchester Metropolitan University.
- Only programs listed and delivered on the Manchester Campus are qualified.
- If a candidate possesses a conditional offer of admission at the time they make their scholarship award application, the award can only be awarded once the offer conditions have been satisfied.
- Candidates are required to be self-funding and categorized as foreign students for tuition fee purposes.
- Candidates will have successfully met any requirements set for entry into the program.
Furthermore to a strong personal statement presented as part of the scholarship award application procedure, candidates are required to also satisfy the minimum academic requirements to be given consideration for the Chancellors and Vice-Chancellors Awards.
The list of eligible courses include
- PGT MA Design Innovation
- PGT MA Sound Design
- PGT MA Games Art
- PGT MA Emergent Technologies
- PGT MA Documentary
- PGT MSc Digital Marketing Communications
- PGT MSc Financial Technology
- PGT MSc Sports Business Management & Policy
- PGT MSc (Pre-registration) Physiotherapy
- PGT MSc Advanced Physiotherapy
- UG BSc Physiotherapy
- PGT MSc Artificial Intelligence
- PGT MSc Cyber Security
- PGT MSc Data Science
- PGT MSc Sport and Exercise Science
- UG BSc Cyber Security
- UG BSc Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- UG BSc Sport and Exercise Science
How to Apply for Chancellors and Vice-Chancellors Awards at MMU
There is a limited amount of these prestigious scholarship awards. You will have to fill out an online form and submit a 500-word personal statement describing your academic accomplishments, reasons for picking Manchester Metropolitan, and how your program will assist you in achieving your career aspirations.
- Only applicants who have handed in a complete scholarship award application and who satisfy the minimum academic criteria will be considered for the scholarship awards.
- The closing date for applications is 13th July 2021.
- Applications chosen to receive a firm scholarship award offer are required to confirm that they accept the scholarship award within 7 days.
- July 13th, 2021.
Not interested in Chancellors and Vice-Chancellors Awards at MMU? See other UK Scholarships here