CIFAR welcomes excellent early-career scholars from all over the natural, biomedical and social sciences and the humanities to become a part of one of their interdisciplinary research programs that tackle some of the most vital questions facing science and humanity in 2021.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program speeds up the growth of the next generation of research leaders and places them to heighten their influence in academia and beyond.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars become a part of a CIFAR research program for two years, networking within an international network of globally prominent researchers pursuing a fundamental research question. In the setting of biannual program meetings, organized in cities all over Canada and in other areas of the world, CIFAR’s programs connect disciplines, create a common language, and often generate collaboration and inspiration that result to new research directions and areas of inquiry.
Eligibility for CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program
- Candidates may be residing anywhere in the world, are required to possess a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the initial five years of commencing a full-time research role at an institution of higher education or research.
- Candidates’ research interests have to complement or add to the themes and objectives of an eligible CIFAR research program.
Worth of Award
All CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars receive:
- $100,000 CAD in unobstructed research assistance over two years. These funds are aimed at strengthening their capacity to carry out research. Possible uses comprise, but are not restricted to: research projects, trainee support, teaching release, conference travel, etc.
- Mentorship from a present Fellow. Mentors assist Global Scholars to fit in into their program, and may offer supervision and insights on areas of interest to the candidate (e.g., research directions, career development).
NOTE: Postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply.
CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars Program – How to Apply
- Please visit the link on their website to fill out your application online
- October 30 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here