All interested candidates are welcome to submit applications for the CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship program sponsored by McMaster University for the academic year 2022-2023.
The fellowship award is obtainable for talented and driven candidates who wish to undergo research in the field of Immunology at the university.
The CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program finances eligible young scientists at foremost universities and research centers all over the world who wish to obtain training in fundamental immunology or cancer immunology.
A committee of scientists drawn from their Scientific Advisory Council meticulously assesses each applicant, the proposed sponsor and training environment, and the nature and viability of the planned project.
CRI is looking for hypothesis-driven, mechanistic research in both immunology and tumor immunology. The candidate and sponsor must make every effort to display the potential of the planned studies to directly influence the understanding of the immune system’s function in cancer.
Established in 1881, McMaster University is a state-owned research university ranked 90th in the world and number three in Canada. It has a robust history of success in industry-focused research and student-oriented teaching, and it offers a range of undergraduate and graduate programs.
At McMaster University, candidates gain the aptitude and knowledge they require to plan for their future jobs at this school. Respect, collaboration, and diversity are principles that the university intends to epitomize, and also a strong devotion to employment equity.
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
Brief Description of CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship
- University or Organization: McMaster University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Postdoctoral degree
- Award: Up to $59,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Foreign students
- Award Country: Canada
Benefits of CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship
The university offers an allowance of $55,000 for the initial year, $57,000 for the second year, and $59,000 for the third year. Furthermore, a stipend of $1,500 each year is allocated to the host institution for use, at the sponsor’s pleasure, to assist in paying for the fellow’s research supplies, travel to scientific workshops, and/or health insurance.
Eligibility for CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Eligible Countries: Applications are taken from all over the world.
- Acceptable Subjects: Postdoctoral degree program in Health Sciences
To be eligible, candidates have to meet the following conditions:
- Candidates for the CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship Program should be working in areas directly associates with immunology or cancer immunology. An eligible project has to fall into the wide field of immunology with applicability to solving the cancer problem.
- Candidates should possess a doctoral degree by the date of award commencement and have to carry out their planned research under a sponsor who holds an official appointment as an assistant professor or greater rank at the host institution.
- Candidates with five or more years of applicable postdoctoral experience at the time of award commencement are not eligible, with the exemption of M.D. candidates, who are not to include years of residency in this calculation.
- Only in rare situations will candidates who have already spent three or more years in a sponsor’s lab by the commencement date of the fellowship program be considered for a fellowship award.
- The fellowship program can be taken on in the United States or overseas but has to take place at a nonprofitmaking institution. There are no citizenship constraints.
How to Apply for CRI Irvington Postdoctoral Fellowship
Applications should be submitted by electronic means. Paper applications are not acceptable. The application procedure needs you to fill out a PDF application form for institutional signatures and authorization. You have to also fill out an electronic application form, which needs you to attach supporting materials. Application instructions can be found here.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other Canada Scholarships here