Entrance Scholarship at Concordia University of Edmonton is available for International and Canadian students in 2021.
For almost a century, Concordia University of Edmonton (CUE) has been a crucial educational institution in the region of Alberta. It is acknowledged internationally as a university devoted to academic excellence in teaching and research, welcoming more than 2,000 students yearly from over 40 nations around the world.
CUE is a boutique university, small enough that every candidate is important yet large enough for an international outlook. In and out of their classrooms and lecture halls, they translate what they learn into remarkable hands-on experiences.
The Concordia University of Edmonton provides a horde of services to assist your academic and personal success. Most services are opportunely located in the Student Success Centre, offering a one-stop shop for everything from housing, counselling, services for scholars living with disabilities, and career services.
Description of Entrance Scholarship at CUE
- Application Deadline: April 1, 2021
- Course Level: scholarship award is obtainable to study an undergraduate degree program.
- Study Subject: The scholarship awards are granted to study in Arts, Management or Science.
- Award: The University Entrance scholarship offers guaranteed renewable financial aids to high school candidates who present a minimum scholarship average of 75%. Scholarship awards vary in value based on the candidate’s award average.
|University Entrance Scholarship Levels|
|Award Average||Scholarship Value||Value over 4 years|
|95% or higher||$5,000||$20,000|
|90% – 94.9%||$3,750||$15,000|
|85% – 89.9%||$2,000||$8,000|
|80% – 84.9%||$1,500||$6,000|
|75% – 79.9%||$1,000||$4,000|
- Number of Awards: Number not known.
- Nationality: International and Canadian candidates can apply for these awards.
- The award can be taken in: Concordia University of Edmonton, Canada
Eligibility for Entrance Scholarship at CUE
- Eligible Nations: International and Canadian candidates can apply for these awards
- Entrance Criteria: To become qualified for University Entrance Scholarship awards, candidates must be:
- Getting into their first-year of post-secondary study straight from high school. Concordia will also give consideration to candidates who have:
- Taken some time off between secondary school and post-secondary education.
- Taken university-level credits while in secondary school.
- Enrolled in a non-accredited program at a post-secondary institution and obtained 9 or less transfer credits.
- Candidates who registered in a post-secondary institution after the conclusion of high school are not qualified.
- Registered in a degree program in Arts, Management or Science.
- Enrolled in a minimum of 80% of a full program load (12 credits) in every semester. Beneficiaries whose enrolment drops below the mandated 80% minimum will instantly forfeit their scholarship award.
How to Apply for Entrance Scholarship at CUE
How to Apply: There is no distinct application needed. Concordia recognizes qualified candidates through the admission procedure, selecting from those who submit their admission Application Forms and final (provisional) high school transcripts prior to April 1st. Qualified scholarship beneficiaries are sent a preliminary scholarship award offer notification letter.
How to renew the Entrance Scholarship at Concordia University of Edmonton
To renew scholarship awards in following years, candidates must:
- be enrolled in at least 80% of a full-course load (12 credits) in every subsequent semester.
- keep a minimum total GPA of 3.2 during the academic session for all scholarship awards valued below $3,750 or a minimum GPA of 3.5 for scholarship awards valued $3,750 or higher. Courses concluded in Spring and Summer Sessions are not added in the GPA calculation.
The renewal period will not go beyond the length of the candidate’s degree program. Candidates who lose their scholarship award entitlement because of reduced course load or low GPA may have their scholarship award restored after an academic year of study that satisfies the registration and GPA criteria. However, their eligibility period will not be prolonged.
When is the deadline?
To be given consideration for an Entrance Scholarship at Concordia University of Edmonton, you have to apply for admission by April 1st.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here