The Europeans Union provides Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Master of Textile Engineering (WE-TEAM) 2022 – 2024 edition.
WE-TEAM is a two-year Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) Program to train the future generation of textile engineers.
The program of the Master of Textile Engineering is a full-time program, administered at various locations, delivered in English. All major universities in Europe and globally offering a textile degree take part in the program. As such, the program gains from the strengths of all partaking universities, giving room to cover all contemporary areas related to textiles.
Worth of Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Master of Textile Engineering
The EMJMD student scholarship awards will comprise student participation expenses (comprising the consortium fees and complete insurance coverage), a contribution to student travel and installation expense and a subsistence stipend for the entire length of the EMJMD study program. Information on the Erasmus Mundus Scholarships award amounts are stated below:
Contribution to the participation expenses:
- Up to €9.000 each year per scholarship recipient from a Partner Nation
- Up to €4.500 each year per scholarship recipient from a Program Nation
Contribution to travel and installation expenses:
- €1.000 each year per scholarship recipient resident in a Program Nation for travel expenses
- €2.000 each year for travel expenses + €1.000 for installation expenses for a scholarship recipient, resident in a Partner Nation less than 4.000km from the EMJMD coordinating HEI
- €3.000 each year for travel expenses + €1.000 for installation expenses for a scholarship recipients, resident in a Partner Nation 4.000km or more from the EMJMD coordinating HEI
Contribution to subsistence expenses:
- €1.000 each month for the whole length of the program (max. 24 months)
Eligibility for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Master of Textile Engineering
Candidates should possess a Bachelor degree:
- in Engineering or Science
- min 180 ECTS/3 years or equivalent
- min 15 ECTS in maths, min 10 ECTS in chemistry and physics or equivalent
(for Japanese University graduates: min 5 credits in chemistry, min 10 credits in maths, and min 5 credits in physics)
- from a known university
The WE-TEAM program is delivered in English, thus English language adeptness is a basic criteria. One of the following certificates not older than 5 years from the commencement of the program (September) has to be submitted:
- B2 Cambridge Certificate
- IELTS Certificate with a minimum total score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6 for writing
- TOEFL Certificate with a least score of 570 (paper) or 86 (internet)
- TOEIC Certificate with a least score of 1560 computed as (Listening & Reading score + Writing & Speaking score multiplied by 2.5)
How to Apply for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Master of Textile Engineering
The application for Erasmus Mundus Scholarships is in 5 steps
First you have to sign up for a WE-TEAM account. Next, you put in all needed data in the Application Form. The steps and links are described below:
- Identify whether you are qualified for the WE-TEAM program by checking the Admission criteria page.
- When applications are available, sign up for a WE-TEAM account by selecting the “Click to register button”. Note: there is one single Application Form for both admission to the program and the scholarship award application.
- Complete the online Application Form* by selecting the “Click to apply button”. Submit it before the set closing dates.
- Get ready all your hard copy documents (with legalisations) and be sure to send these through regular mail to the WE-TEAM Office (Ghent, Belgium) before the set closing dates.
- In the event your file has been evaluated as positive by the Selection Committee, you will be invited for an online interview, which is the last phase in the Application process.
Application Deadline: A new application round will become available in December 2021 for the WE-TEAM Edition 2022-2024.
Not interested in Erasmus Mundus Scholarships for Master of Textile Engineering? See other scholarships here