The University of Alabama in the United States welcomes applications for the International Student Scholarships in the 2021/22 academic year.
The University of Alabama was established in 1820 as a state-owned research University and is Alabama’s oldest and biggest institution. It provides a range of bachelor’s degrees, master’s degrees, professional education and PhD programs across 13 academic units.
Why school at the prestigiousUniversity of Alabama? The University is devoted to distinction in teaching, science, and service. It will add to the environment, different cultures and customs. It will play an essential role. They also develop scholars’ skills in their chosen field of study.
The University of Alabama provides generous scholarship award programs for candidates enrolling in the main campus for the fall term. International incoming freshmen granted admission before March 1, with a qualifying combined score on the ACT or total score on the SAT (critical reading and math scores only) by the end of February, and possess a minimum of a 3.0 cumulative high school GPA through December of the senior year will be qualified for the automatic merit-based scholarship awards.
Worth of International Student Scholarships at University of Alabama
A candidate with a 4.0 GPA and a 36 ACT or 1600 SAT will be chosen as a Presidential Elite Scholar and will get:
- Complete value of tuition for up to four years for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate or law education
- One year of on-campus accommodation at fixed room rate
- $1,000 each year in allowance for four years
- $2,000 one-time stipend for use in summer research or foreign study (after concluding one year of study at UA)
- $2,000 book fund ($500 each year for four years)
International Student Scholarships at University of Alabama
|Scholarship||Test Score||GPA||Yearly Value|
|Presidential||32-36 ACT or 1420-1600 SAT||3.50+||$28,000|
|UA Scholar||30-31 ACT or 1360-1410 SAT||3.50+||$24,000|
|Foundation in Excellence||29 ACT or 1330-1350 SAT||3.50+||$15,000|
|Foundation in Excellence||30-36 ACT or 1360-1600 SAT||3.00-3.49||$15,000|
|Collegiate||28 ACT or 1300-1320 SAT||3.50+||$10,000|
|Capstone||27 ACT or 1260-1290 SAT||3.50+||$8,000|
|Capstone||28-29 ACT or 1300-1350 SAT||3.00-3.49||$8,000|
|Crimson Legends||25-26 ACT or 1200-1250 SAT||3.50+||$6,000|
|Crimson Legends||27 ACT or 1260-1290 SAT||3.00-3.49||$6,000|
Eligibility for International Student Scholarships at University of Alabama
- Candidates granted admission prior to January 15 and submit a scholarship award application with all necessary supporting documents by the closing date will be eligible for competitive university and departmental scholarship awards.
How to Apply for International Student Scholarships at University of Alabama
- Go to mybama.ua.edu and sign in.
- Choose the Admissions/Scholarships option from the main menu.
- Select the Application for Scholarships option within the Scholarship awards section of the page.
- When filling out the scholarship award application, you have to click the Send Application to Undergraduate Admissions and Scholarships button on the last page to be given consideration for Scholarship awards. By completing and submitting these pages, you will be given consideration for all scholarship awards for which you are qualified.
- Incoming freshmen granted admission prior to January 15 will have access to the scholarship award application.
- Incoming transfer candidates granted admission prior to March 1 will have access to the scholarship award application.
- If you have any inquiries, please send an email to [email protected]
Candidates granted admission prior to January 15 and submit a scholarship award application with all necessary supporting credentials by the closing date will be qualified for competitive university and departmental scholarship awards. If you require help filling out the scholarship application, please check the step-by-step instructions.
The University of Alabama will make use of the Competitive Academic Scholarship Award Review Scale to reduce the stress surrounding entrance exam testing obtainability by granting comparable scholarship award values to only the top candidates in the scholarship award application pool.
- January 15
- October 31
- December 31
Not interested in International Student Scholarships at University of Alabama? See other scholarships here