The Yenching Academy of Peking University intends to create bridges between China and the rest of the world by means of this interdisciplinary master’s degree program in China Studies. This Masters Scholarships at Yenching Academy of Peking University unites young people who have displayed a talent for leadership and innovation. The Academy’s objective is to sculpt new generations of international citizens with a nuanced perception of China.
Working meticulously with their academic mentors, Yenching Scholars establish their own study paths by selecting courses from six research areas. They take part in a variety of extracurricular undertakings and field studies, organized by the Yenching Academy, and planned by scholars themselves. Schooling at the Academy is an excellent opportunity to partake in intercultural exchanges and interdisciplinary learning, growing both personally and professionally.
Eligibility for Masters Scholarships at Yenching Academy of Peking University
The Yenching Academy enrolls around 120 new scholars yearly from both the Chinese Mainland and overseas, to study, live, and learn together. Foreign students comprise about 80% of the student body.
Applicants should have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field; currently enrolled degree program awarded no later than August 31, 2021;
- An outstanding academic record;
- Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
- A record of extracurricular accomplishment, community involvement, social responsibility, and leadership prospect;
- English proficiency.
Benefits of Masters Scholarships at Yenching Academy of Peking University
- All admitted candidates get the Yenching Scholarship, which provides tuition, accommodation in the Yenching Academy House, a travel allowance for one round-trip voyage to and from Beijing, basic medical insurance, and a living allowance adequate to provide campus living expenses and costs related to field studies.
How to Apply for Masters Scholarships at Yenching Academy of Peking University
Applicants may submit applications through Yenching Academy’s online application portal. Every candidate will create an account on the Yenching Academy admissions website and submit the listed materials in English:
- Completed online application form;
- Personal statement (750 words or less);
- Research proposal (maximum one page);
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Official transcript(s);
- Diploma(s) or Certificate(s) of Enrollment;
- Two letters of recommendation;
- English requirements and minimum scores:
- IELTS (Academic): Overall 7.0
- TOEFL (iBT): Overall 100
- Cambridge English Scale (Advanced): Overall 185
- CEFR: C1 level
- CET 6: Overall 600
- TEM 4: Pass level of “良好” or greater
Note the following:
- Native English speakers and candidates or alumni of mainly English taught degree programs (undergraduate or above) are not needed to submit English proficiency test scores.
- Submission of English test scores: For TOEFL, IELTS, and Cambridge tests, they will only admit scores sent directly to them from the test providers. Ensure you select “Yenching Academy of Peking University” as the selected receiver of your scores when you book the exam time. For TOEFL, use the institution code: C488.
- December 4, 2020 (12:00 noon Beijing time).
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here