The University of Kent in the UK invites applications for the MBA Women in Leadership Scholarship in 2021/2022 academic session.
Kent Business School is pleased to be able to offer a limited number of competitive MBA Women in Leadership Scholarship to students applying for the Kent MBA, worth 50% of the Kent MBA tuition fee.
Successful applicants will have operated their own successful local business for at least five years and are now seeking to develop their business or establishment further whilst also offering a positive economic impact in their area.
Beneficiaries, in recognition of this esteemed scholarship award would need to continue to champion entrepreneurship by engaging in the following activities whilst on the program:
- Plan an event or project to promote the area of their scholarship award in partnership with the Kent MBA Team.
- Become a student ambassador aiding the recruitment activities and ingenuities for the MBA program.
Once graduated, scholars would become a part of the network of alumni ambassadors in their home nation to support important alumni events and recruitment activities.
About University of Kent
The University of Kent (formerly the University of Kent at Canterbury, abbreviated as UKC) is a semi-collegiate public research university based in Kent, United Kingdom. The University was awarded its Royal Charter on 4 January 1965 and the next year Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent, was offically installed as the first Chancellor.
The university has its main campus north of Canterbury situated within 300 acres (1.2 km2) of park land, housing over 6,000 students, as well as campuses in Medway and Tonbridge in Kent and European postgraduate centres in Brussels, Athens, Rome and Paris. The University is global, with students from 158 various nationalities and 41% of its academic and research personnel coming from outside the United Kingdom. It is an associate of the Santander Network of European higher academic institutions encouraging social and economic development.
Until 2020, the University was divided into three faculties, humanities, sciences and social sciences, which are further sub-divided into 20 schools. The university presently has the Faculties further split into 18 Departments and Schools, ranging from the Department of Biosciences to the School of English, and from the Department of Economics to the Kent Law School.
The University is one of the country’s leading academic institutions producing world-class research, rated internationally excellent and leading the way in many fields of study. They are a cutting-edge research institution, devoted to the transformative power of education and research and to the growth and support of their students and staff.
Worth of MBA Women in Leadership Scholarship
- The award consists of a 50% fee waiver.
Eligibility for MBA Women in Leadership Scholarship at University of Kent
Open to all applicants who are in receipt of a formal offer to study onto the Kent MBA.
To be eligible for MBA Women in Leadership Scholarship, candidates must:
- Have run their own local business/organization for at least a minimum of 5 years
- Hold a UK First Class degree (or international equivalent) and/or hold substantial managerial work experience
- Be self-funded
- Submit at least 500-word statement of motivation, describing why they should be given consideration for this scholarship award, showcasing their entrepreneurial background and devotion to regional economic growth
Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis by the Scholarship Awarding Committee every month with successful applicants notified within one week of the committee meeting.
How to Apply for MBA Women in Leadership Scholarship
- Applicants can only be considered for the MBA Women in Leadership Scholarship after they have submitted a formal application to study the Kent MBA at Kent Business School and have obtained a formal offer for September 2022 entry.
- Candidates can then apply for the scholarship via your Applicant Portal by submitting the required supporting statement of motivation.
Whilst there is no official closing date for applications, these scholarship awards are dependent upon a limited pool of funding and a limited amount of scholarship awards.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here