Hertie School in Germany welcomes applications for the New Perspectives Scholarship award program in the 2021-2022 academic session.
Interdisciplinary studies are central to the Hertie School’s teaching. Engineering and the hard sciences have an important role to play in fostering good governance and decision-making all over the world.
The New Perspectives Scholarship award is targeted at candidates with an undergraduate degree qualification in the natural sciences or engineering who desire to merge their past training with the tools and knowledge required for effective policymaking in all industries or careers in the global arena.
The Hertie School is a fully licensed, global teaching and research centre of distinction in Berlin that gets candidates ready for leadership roles in business, government, and civil society.
The Hertie School in Berlin gets excellent candidates ready for leadership roles in business, government, and civil society. The school provide master’s programs, executive study and PhD programs, characterized by interdisciplinary and practice-leaning teaching, and also outstanding research. Its wide-ranging global network positions it as an ambassador of good governance, exemplified by public debate and engagement. The school was established in 2004 by the Hertie Foundation, which is still its main funder. The Hertie School is licensed by the government and the German Science Council.
Worth of New Perspectives Scholarship
- One full scholarship award valued at 34,500 euros
Eligibility for New Perspectives Scholarship at Hertie School
- All candidates driven to pair their background in science or engineering with education in public policy or international affairs so as to effect positive change in any industry.
- Obtainable for the Master of International Affairs, Master of Public Policy, or Master of Data Science for Public Policy
- Available to candidates of all nationalities
How to Apply for New Perspectives Scholarship at Hertie School
- First, hand in a standard application to the MIA, MPP, or MDS program.
- Furthermore, write a concise motivation letter, create a photo essay or create a short video expanding on the following: Please choose a particular social or political issue that you would like to solve and describe how a degree in public policy or international affairs, along with your past education and professional experience, would assist you to do so.
The extra motivation material should be forwarded to grad-admissions[at]hertie-school[dot]org after a standard admission application has been handed in.
You are required to have concluded an undergraduate degree (bachelor’s or equivalent) so as to be granted admission. If you have not yet concluded your undergraduate degree at the time of application, please specify when you will conclude it on the online application form. You have to finish all of your undergraduate academic coursework and exams prior to 1 September 2021 so as to matriculate.
An application can be saved and returned to until it is “submitted”. Once an application is submitted, the candidate will no longer be able to access the application.
All credentials have to be submitted in English. Please be aware that the school is not able to send back any application materials.
The priority closing date is 1 February and the final closing date for applications is 1 May.
Please bear in mind that only finished applications will be assessed. It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure they submit all needed credential and that the submitted credentials are valid.
All applications are evaluated on the basis of the following conditions:
- Personal suitability (40%)
CV, entrepreneurship, professional experience, civic engagement, international experience.
- Academic excellence (40%)
Strength of academic background, general academic qualification, academic record – grades/transcripts, language qualification.
- Motivation (20%)
Resounding drive to learn public policy or international affairs, drive to learn at the Hertie School, overall soundness.
Application Deadline for New Perspectives Scholarship at Hertie School
Interested candidates should hand in their applications and motivation statements prior to February 1. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.
Not interested in New Perspectives Scholarship? See other scholarships here