The University of Oxford awards Oxford-Thatcher Graduate Scholarship award for foreign students to pursue a postgraduate degree program for the 2021/2022 academic year.
One Oxford-Thatcher Graduate Scholarship is obtainable for candidates to full-time or part-time graduate programs within the range accepted by Somerville College, with a predilection for candidates to programs in Economics. To check whether the program you are planning to put in for is accepted by University College, please peruse the applicable Course page.
The Margaret Thatcher Scholarship Trust was founded to create fully-funded scholarship awards that will allow the most promising candidates to benefit from the unique education and scholarly environment that is provided by Somerville and Oxford. Somerville has nurtured generations of young minds with its revolutionary spirit, which stimulated its students on to astonishing achievements, and counts Margaret Thatcher among its most memorable alumni.
The University of Oxford is an academic research institution in England, United Kingdom. While its date of establishment is not known, there is proof of teaching as early on as 1096, making it the oldest academic institution in the English-speaking world and the world’s second-oldest surviving academic institution.
The Oxford-Thatcher Graduate Scholarship award is only available at Somerville College. All qualified candidates will be given consideration for this scholarship award, notwithstanding which college (if any) you specify as your preference on the graduate application form. However, selected candidates will be moved to Somerville College so as to take up the scholarship award.
Worth of Award
- The Oxford-Thatcher Graduate Scholarship award provides program fees and a grant for living expenses. Scholarship awards are conferred for the entire length of your fee liability for the approved program.
- The Thatcher Scholarship awards provide 100% of University Course fees (where applicable) and offer a generous award towards living costs and travel to Oxford, allowing Thatcher Scholars to finish school free from debt.
Eligibility for Oxford-Thatcher Graduate Scholarship
To be given consideration for the scholarship award;
- Candidates are required to first be accepted onto a program by the University of Oxford visual the regular admissions process (undergraduate admissions or graduate admissions).
- Scholarship awards are granted on the basis of academic merit in order:
- To nurture academic excellence
- To assist persons who possess a determination to succeed and
- To prepare them to excel in their selected field.
- Abroad (undergraduate) candidates will be given consideration for the Thatcher Scholarship once they have been granted a place to study at Oxford at Somerville College.
- The scholarship awards are primarily granted based on academic excellence.
- Candidates are required to have evidence of competence in written and spoken English (Assistance for improving English language skills may be offered by the Language Learning Centre at Oxford).
- Scholarship awards are obtainable for pursuing the postgraduate program in the field of Engineering, English, Law.
How to Apply for Oxford-Thatcher Graduate Scholarship
- Create an account: When you select ‘Apply’ on your program page, you’ll be asked to generate a fresh graduate applicant account, or log into your account if you have one prior to now. You can make use of one account to make as many applications as you desire.
- Login to your account: You can gain access to your graduate applicant account with the use of the following link: www.graduate.ox.ac.uk/applyonline.
- Using the application form: The application form will work with most web browsers like Firefox, Chrome, and Safari. If you’re making use of Internet Explorer, you’ll have to use version 9 or newer.
- Multiple applications: You can submit applications to as many programs as you like for the 2021-22 study, and a lot of candidates apply to more than one program. If you are applying to more than one program, check that you satisfy the entry conditions for each one.
Application Deadline: The application closing date is January 2021, depending on the program.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here