The Chatham University in the United States is taking applications for the Full-Tuition Presidential Scholarship at Chatham University for foreign Students in 2021.
Established in 1869, Chatham University has an enrollment of more than 2,200 scholars across more than 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in their areas of excellence: business & communications, sustainability & health, and the arts & sciences.
Chatham has regularly been tagged a College of Distinction and a “Best College” by U.S. News & World Report, and the old school of environmental idol, Rachel Carson ’29, is constantly rated as one of the “greenest” colleges in the US.
Situated in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania – one of the nation’s most liveable cities and great college towns – Chatham University is comprised of three distinct locations: Chatham Eastside in the fast-developing East End; the famous arboretum, Shadyside Campus; and Eden Hall Campus, one of the world’s most ecological campuses.
Chatham’s objective is “to get scholars ready to build lives of purpose, importance, and rewarding work…by getting graduates ready to be informed and engaged individuals in their locales; to acknowledge and respect multiplicity of identity, culture, and outlook; and to live sustainably.” Based on this mission, Chatham is devoted to creating a supportive and comprehensive learning, living, and working atmosphere for all members of the campus community.
In 1890, the institution was renamed from Pennsylvania Female College to Pennsylvania College for Women, and in 1955, it was renamed again to Chatham College in respect of William Pitt, namesake of the City of Pittsburgh and First Earl of Chatham. In 1994, Chatham College extended around its famous undergraduate women’s college by starting to provide graduate programs to both men and women with a particular emphasis in the health science disciplines.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania gave Chatham university standing in 2007, which was formally announced on May 1, 2007 and marks Chatham’s most recent tradition, University Day. On May 1, 2008 Chatham got a gift unrivalled in its record: the Eden Hall Campus from the Eden Hall Foundation. The University’s Shadyside Campus grew in June 2008 to comprise Chatham Eastside near Bakery Square about one mile from Woodland Road and home to a lot of Chatham’s in-demand health science courses.
Chatham University, as part of an effort to acknowledge academic excellence, grants scholarship awards to worthy incoming full-time candidates. Many of these scholarship awards are financed by their different endowed scholarships. To qualify for a Chatham Scholarship award, candidates have to fill out an admissions application, be granted admission to the University, and, in some situations, interview or audition.
Furthermore, Chatham provides generous need-based financial assistance. Candidates have to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) so as to determine need-based assistance. No other forms are needed.
Worth of Presidential Scholarship at Chatham University
The Presidential Scholarship at Chatham University provides the tuition fees for the candidates.
Eligibility for Presidential Scholarship at Chatham University
To be qualified for Presidential Scholarship at Chattam University;
- This scholarship award requires candidates to possess a 3.8 high school cumulative GPA and 1280 SAT or 27 composite ACT.
- Candidates have to satisfy all scholarship criteria and be accepted to Chatham so as to qualify for scholarship award consideration.
How to Apply for Presidential Scholarship at Chatham University
You may put in for the Presidential Scholarship at Chatham University by filling out the award application form on their website;
- Attendance at one Academic Scholarship Day is mandatory
- Hand in an essay from one of the topics given
- Provide personal résumé. Personal résumés have to comprise extracurricular undertakings, job experience, community service, involvement, etc.
- It is non-compulsory but very much recommended, to hand in a supplement to your application. Examples of supplementary pieces are DVD of a student play, CD of music performed, presentation of student creation, newspaper pieces outlining candidate accomplishments, or any other applicable summary of your achievement.
- Candidates may also express this via an online account (such as ZeeMee) by including a link to your profile in the provided space.
Application ends on February 1, 2021.
Not interested in Presidential Scholarship at Chatham University? See other scholarships here