The Maastricht University UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship program is currently open for international students outside the European Union who have been admitted to a Master’s program at Maastricht University.
Situated in the Netherlands and established in January 1976, the Maastricht University is famous for its international proclivity, with more than 19000 students and 4,000 employees. The university is known for its Problem-Based Learning system and first-class study programs.
Annually, Maastricht University grants 24 fully-funded scholarship programs of €29,000 for exceptionally gifted applicants from nations outside the European Union who have been given admission to a Master’s program at Maastricht University.
The UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship program includes two types of scholarships:
- The Holland Scholarship: finances by the Dutch Ministry of Education in association with Dutch Universities.
- The High Potential Scholarship: financed by the Maastricht University Scholarship award Fund.
Here is what you need to know about this scholarship award:
UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship Program Information:
- Host Country: Holland.
- University or Organization: Maastricht University.
- Course Level: Postgraduate (Masters).
- Award: €29,000 per year.
- Number of Awards: 24.
- Nationality: Non-European international students.
- Status: Open.
- Application Closing Date: up to and including 1 February 2022.
- One-year Master’s program: 13 months.
- Two-year Master’s program: 25 months.
UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship Program Value:
The scholarship covers:
- Living expenses: € 22,800 for 24 months or € 11,400 for 12 months.
- Health & liability insurance: € 700.
- Visa application costs: € 174.
- Tuition fees € 13,800; € 15,500 or € 16,800 contingent on the tuition of the candidate study program.
- Pre-Academic Training costs: At costs.
Amount of the UM Holland-High Potential scholarship program 2022-2023
|Living expenses||€ 11,400* (12 months) or € 22,800* (24 months)||Disbursed to candidates by the UM International Services Desk|
|Health & liability insurance||€ 700*||Sorted and disbursed by the UM International Services Desk|
|Visa application costs||€ 174*||Sorted and disbursed by the UM International Services Desk|
|Tuition fees||€ 13,800*; € 15,500* or € 16,800* contingent on the tuition of your study program||Sorted and disbursed by the UM International Services Desk|
|Pre-Academic Training costs||At cost||Sorted and paid by the UM International Services Desk|
*These values are subject to modification for academic session 2022-2023
Eligibility for UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship Program
So as to be considered for the UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship program, candidates have to meet the following conditions:
- Candidates must be from outside the European Union, Surinam, or Switzerland.
- Candidates must meet the requirements for getting an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- Candidates who possess a double nationality from an EU/EEA nation are not qualified.
- Candidates must have registered to a full-time Master’s study program at the Maastricht University for 2022-2023.
- Candidates should have never partaken in a degree-seeking higher education program in the Netherlands.
- Candidates who have concluded exchange programs in the Netherlands are qualified to apply.
- Candidates must not be older than 35 years old by 1 September 2022.
- Candidate should have an exceptional academic record, proven by their most recent grade transcript or certified by academic excellence.
How to Apply for UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship Program
For this scholarship, you will need to submit an application for one of the eligible Master’s programs via Studielink, then you will receive a student ID number for UM, which you will need to submit the Scholarship application form.
When submitting an application for the UM Holland-High Potential Scholarship Program, you need to upload these credentials:
- Motivation Letter.
- Proof of academic excellence.
- You should also ask your referee to forward their reference letter through email to [email protected].
Please complete the application form according to the table below:
|Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASoS)||Application form|
|Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences (FHML)||Application form*|
|Faculty of Psychology and Neurosciences (FPN)||Application form|
|Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE)||Application form*|
|Faculty of Law (FL)||Application form*|
|School of Business and Economics (SBE)||Application form*|
* log in with you UM account
Check the official website for more details
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here