St Edwards University is taking applications for the Undergraduate Merit Scholarships for foreign students in the United States for the 2021/22 school year.
In 2020–2021, 83% of their first-year scholars got merit scholarship awards, and the average freshman award was $31,419 in scholarship awards and grants. They will automatically give consideration to you for academic scholarships when you submit application to St. Edward’s. No additional application is needed.
Candidates will be assessed for merit scholarships on the basis of high school GPA, class rank (if obtainable), and the academic experience attained in high school. St. Edward’s University makes use of a holistic review procedure. Although GPA and academic record are the most important constituents, you will also be given consideration based on your proven ability to be successful at St. Edward’s. See all of their application requirements here.
U.S. nationals living outside of Texas also qualify for the Edwardian Scholarship award, an extra award of $5,000. Holy Cross high school graduates who satisfy this qualification will obtain the Sorin Award and are not qualified for the Edwardian Scholarship award.
Established in 1885, St. Edwards trains the hearts and minds of undergraduate and graduate scholars, so they are ready to make a difference. It is invested in the future of its students. This is why its nationally ranked academic experience is tailored to students’ objectives, equipping them for today’s careers and those in the decades to come.
Worth of Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at St Edwards University
- All new freshmen granted admission via regular admission will qualify for the Undergraduate Merit Scholarships.
- These Undergraduate Merit Scholarships vary between $14,000 and $26,000, every year.
Eligibility for Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at St Edwards University
To be qualified for the Undergraduate Merit Scholarships for foreign Students at St Edwards University,
- Candidates will be assessed for merit scholarships on the basis of high school GPA, class rank (if available), and the academic experience attained in high school.
- Candidates will also be given consideration on the basis of their proven ability to be successful at St. Edwards. This is despite the fact that GPA and academic details are the most important constituents for qualification.
- The SAT comprises an optional essay portion, and St. Edward’s University does not need it for its candidates. However, if a candidate took the essay on the SAT and would wish to submit a score, he or she is welcome to do so. Please bear in mind that a submitted essay score will not affect the admission decision or consideration for scholarship awards.
- If you retest your senior year of high school (either the SAT or ACT) after having already been admitted to St. Edward’s and obtain a higher score, you may present that new score to the University for academic scholarship award reassessment. However, students and families should keep in mind that an increase in a scholarship award does not necessarily mean an increase in the total financial aid package. If you are reassessed for academic scholarship awards, your entire financial aid package may also be attuned.
How to Apply for Undergraduate Merit Scholarships at St Edwards University
These scholarships do not require an additional application beyond the application for admission. Candidates who obtain athletic scholarship awards may not be qualified for all of the scholarship awards and grants listed below. Candidates should submit an admission application by the applicable closing dates in order to be given consideration for academic scholarships.
|First Review Deadline||Nov. 1||Add your application to the top of our reading list. (Plus, they will waive the $50 application fee.)|
|Early Application Deadline||Dec. 1||They will waive the $50 fee if you apply by this date.|
|Early Application Deadline II||Jan. 1||They will waive the $50 fee if you apply by this date.|
|Priority Application Deadline||Feb. 1||You’ll be considered for all applicable scholarships and the best financial aid package.|
|Final Application Deadline||June 15||To confirm your place in the freshman class, be sure to apply by this date (but they encourage you to submit your application well before).|
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other USA Scholarships here