Every year, the University of Southampton provides a range of Undergraduate Merit Scholarships to foreign undergraduate candidates. They are granted on the basis of academic merit. You can obtain a maximum of £3,000, which will be discounted from your tuition fees.
The University of Southampton was established as a research institution in Southampton, England. The university stems from the establishment of the Hartley Institution in 1862. By 1902, the college had developed to become Hartley University College, awarding diplomas from the University of London.
The college was granted its own university title on April 29, 1952, affording it the status of a bona fide university, which gave room for it to deliver diplomas autonomously.
The University of Southampton presently has around 15,790 undergraduates and 6,925 postgraduates, which makes it one of the largest South East’s university of graduate students. The University Students’ Union provides a wide range of academic and social services to candidates, from involvement in the four Union facilities, to one of the 200 member associations and also 80 sports events, it manages a sports complex situated on the primary campus.
The university has seven academic campuses with five in Southampton, one in Winchester and an annex in Malaysia, offering a range of programs, each with a number of academic units.
Undergraduate Merit Scholarships Information:
- Host University: University of Southampton;
- Host Country: United Kingdom;
- Study Level: Undergraduate Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 3,000£;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Application Closing Date: The Scholarship award is now open.
Undergraduate Merit Scholarships Description:
The Undergraduate Merit Scholarships award at the University of Southampton is now obtainable to international candidates. This scholarship award is for candidates pursuing one or more of these undergraduate degree programs at the University:
|Arts and Humanities||All Schools in Faculty|
|Engineering and Physical Sciences||Engineering, Chemistry, Electronics and Computer Science, Physics and Astronomy.|
|Environmental and Life Sciences||Geography and Social Science, Biological Sciences, Psychology, Ocean and Earth Science.|
|Social Sciences||Political and Social Sciences, Economic, Southampton Business School, Education and Mathematical Sciences, Southampton Law School|
The following programs are not qualified for these Undergraduate Merit Scholarships:
- English language pre‐sessional programs
- Foundation programmes
- Undergraduate programs which has a foundation year
- Undergraduate programs in the School of Health Sciences and the Faculty of Medicine
- Distance Learning programs
- Programs taught at a partner institution or foreign campus
Benefits of Undergraduate Merit Scholarships
An award of £3,000 is being granted to the best of the top applicants to assist them cover their study expenses.
You’ll get a fee reduction of £1,000 for each qualification (or equivalent) that you possess, as displayed below. The grades you require depend on which School will teach your undergraduate program.
For instance, you’ll get £2,000 if:
- you’re applying to study a program offered by the School of Chemistry
- you possess 2 International Baccalaureate awards at grade 6
Eligibility for Undergraduate Merit Scholarships
To be granted admission, the applicants are required to meet all of the conditions listed below:
- Be an international student;
- The tuition expenses have to be provided by the candidate;
- Have a qualified or unqualified Southampton offer of admission;
- Take a qualifying program;
- Fulfil the educational conditions;
- Pay all required payments on account by the closing date specified on the letter of offer.
How to Apply for Undergraduate Merit Scholarships
You do not have to submit an application for the Undergraduate Merit Scholarships. When you apply to study at the university, they will decide if you’re qualified for the award. They will let you know in writing if you’re granted this scholarship award. Candidates must be accepted into programs in the Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts, Environmental and Life Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering.
Please go through the complete terms and conditions to learn more about the conditions and terms of this scholarship award.
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here