The University of Tennessee in USA is awarding the University of Tennessee International Scholarships to high achieving students who are willing to undergo a degree program at the Institution.
The university enables you to study a broad range of academic subjects. It also offers a range of services to assist international candidates both inside and outside of the classroom.
Eligibility for University of Tennessee International Scholarships
- Foreign first-time freshmen who have finished their UTC international undergraduate application and obtained an admission letter with a UTCID are qualified to apply for this scholarship award.
- UTC defines foreign students as F-1 visa candidates/holders.
- Foreign candidates who are presently beneficiaries of other scholarship awards are NOT qualified for the UTC International Undergraduate Student Scholarship award.
- Candidates are required to maintain active F-1 status so as to obtain the second installment of the scholarship payment.
- Candidates are required to be enrolled for a minimum of 12 credit hours. Candidates who are placed on a lowered course load are NOT qualified to obtain the second installment of the scholarship award.
- Candidates whose records specify Code of Conduct infringements or Honor Code infringements will NOT be qualified to obtain the scholarship.
- Candidates are required to earn a minimum 2.5 GPA during their first semester at UTC to obtain the second installment of the scholarship award.
- During their first semester at UTC, candidates are required to take part in extracurricular undertakings arranged by the Center for Global Education and submit a multimedia or written report by the end of November. The undertakings may comprise Global Spotlight, International Tea Time, International Buddy program events, International Education Week, CGE field trips, etc. The specifics of this assignment will be specified in the scholarship award letter.
Application Deadline: July 1
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Award: Up to $5,000
Number of Awards: Not Given
How to Apply for University of Tennessee International Scholarships
Interested applicants for the University of Tennessee International Scholarships must apply for admission to UTC. After that, you should complete and submit the online application form for this award.
STEP 1: Fill out your international undergraduate admission application at utc.edu/apply, pay the $30 fee for application, and submit all mandatory documents. Receive your acceptance letter and UTCID.
STEP 2: Complete the “Why UTC?” project. See below for more details.
STEP 3: Submit your online Scholarship Application Form.
STEP 4: All applications will undergo an assessment process. If you are chosen, you will get a scholarship award to assist you pay your tuition and university fees. The scholarship award will be paid into your student account in two payments: one in the fall semester and one in the spring semester.
The Center for Global Education will engage a selection committee to review the applications for University of Tennessee International Scholarships. The applications will be assessed on the basis of the application content and whether eligibility criteria have been satisfied. The following conditions may be taken into deliberation: TOEFL or IELTS grades, on-campus residency, Go Global Themed Living Community membership, and your submitted “Why UTC?” project.
“Why UTC?” project
As part of your University of Tennessee International Scholarships application, you must complete one of the following projects: 1) record a three-minute video, 2) create a short presentation, 3) write a paper between 500 and 750 words in size, 4) produce a short animation, or 5) make a poster to describe why you chose the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. On the other hand, you can also submit proof of other extraordinary accomplishments.
If you decide to make multimedia content, you have to submit a link to it in the scholarship award application. You will be required to publish your content online first (e.g. youku.com, youtube.com, etc.). You will not be allowed to upload your content directly to the application portal.
If you need adaptations to carry out this project, please send an email to them at [email protected].
For More Information, Visit The Official Website
Not interested in University of Tennessee International Scholarships? See other scholarships here