Urban Leaders fellowship in the United States is taking applications from qualified applicants for its Fellowship program targeted at transforming communities via people, partnerships, and policy in 2021.
The Urban Leaders Fellowship program is a paid summer fellowship program for early- to mid-career experts who are already leaders in their own space and are looking to quicken their leadership through a seven-week fellowship program with an emphasis on policy and practice. In nine premier cities across the nation, fellows work in relation with other ambitious, mission-driven persons, establishments, and elected officials with the aim of allowing fellows to bring about real and long-lasting change in the community in which they operate.
At ULF, fellows use half of their time working on effective policy proposals with a successful elected or chosen official in the area. You will hasten your leader’s social justice influence by helping with research, drafting, and execution of crucial legislation. Their fellows are primed to make a difference, and every year they attain real social change through practical, direct policy making.
ULF fellows have impacted more than 100 pieces of policy like Colorado immigration reform, landmark educator efficacy legislation, and major school district reforms like executing academic performance structures and funding early childhood education programs.
Worth of Urban Leaders Fellowship
- Fellows obtain a base allowance of $2,500 with opportunities for an extra expense of living adjustments and individual need-based awards.
- If you are admitted to Urban Leaders Fellowship program, their personnel will work with you to decide if you qualify for extra funds.
Eligibility for Urban Leaders Fellowship
- They look for candidates who are assorted, in the complete sense of the word.
- They unite a group of fellows in each area who come from various backgrounds, ethnicities, races, sexual orientation and gender identity, and have comprehensive experiences in the topics they’ve studied, the places they’ve resided, and the work that they’ve carried out.
- They believe that multiplicity matters and will generate better solutions.
- You don’t require the particular background in legislative policy to become a part of the fellowship program, just a passion to learn about policy and how it can affect the lives of those in your community.
- They only take in fellows who have a minimum of one year of professional experience, so if you’re still in undergraduate level, please do not apply.
How to Apply for Urban Leaders Fellowship
They have THREE different admissions windows. The cycle in which you submit your application will decide when you get feedback from them. They implore you to apply when you are ready, but candidates that apply earlier tend to have a higher likelihood of being admitted to their first choice area.
- Urban Leaders Fellowship personnel will be holding live webinars all through the application procedure to answer questions for people who have begun their application and are in need of clarification on how to make their application stronger.
- Please go to their webinars page for additional details and to sign up for an upcoming year.
- First-time applicants will be required to create a username and password.
- Please keep these details for your records, as you can go back to the application to complete it at any time. You can sign back in using the link.
- They have THREE different admissions windows. The cycle by which you hand in your application will determine when you get feedback from them.
- You are advised to apply when you are ready, but earlier candidates tend to have a higher chance of being accepted to their first choice area.
Applications are taken on a rolling basis in three cycles.
First – December 12th, 2021
Second – February 6th, 2021
Final – March 20th, 2021
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here