Westerwelle Foundation welcomes applications from aptly qualified candidates for the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme, a completely funded 6-month-long program for exceptional young entrepreneurs from unindustrialized and developing nations in 2021.
The Westerwelle Young Founders Programme is 6-month-long programme that is completely funded for brilliant young entrepreneurs from developing nations. The Young Founders program has the aim of linking young founders from all around the world and provides a mentoring program adapted to their specific challenges. It assists them in further growing their entrepreneurial skills and their global network.
The 6-month-long Westerwelle Young Founders Programme commences with a digital kick-off seminar from 1st to 5th of March 2021. In the subsequent six months, the young founders will get the chance to grow their establishment with the backing of a personal mentor and to swap ideas with the other young founders and get feedback.
In addition to that, the Westerwelle Foundation will choose the ten best performing Young Founders and extend them an invitation to the Top-10-Conference in Berlin in fall 2021. At the time of this conference, the chosen startups will get the chance to pitch in front of investors, take part in workshops and networking occasions and acquire an understanding into the German start-up scene.
Worth of Award
- The Westerwelle Young Founders Conference – a week-long workshop in Berlin to become acquainted with fellow Young Founders, the German start-up scene, and reinforce their entrepreneurial skills by going workshops and meetings (travel and lodging will be provided by the Westerwelle Foundation);
- A private mentor who is a seasoned entrepreneur and will operate as a sparring partner with whom you can talk about upcoming challenges and fresh opportunities;
- Regular peer mentoring calls with the other chosen Young Founders of the group to share knowledge with and assist each other;
- Expert meetings on applicable topics (e.g. investor KPIs, OKRs, marketing & sales);
- The Young Founders Network — a robust alumni network that operates as a platform for all Young Founders to link with each other, swap ideas and find support for prevailing challenges;
- Exposure to the Berlin start-up landscape and the public for you and your start-up through their social media platforms and their networks,
- Assistance beyond the program as they remain a contact person for the Young Founders and will assist you to locate appropriate experts for challenges, provide possibilities to share learnings with present cohorts or celebrate successes.
- The buddy programme that links former associates of the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme with new Young Founders that function in the same business to possibly open doors and improve mutual exchange.
Eligibility for Westerwelle Young Founders Programme
- You have in recent times (in the last 5 years) created a for-profit establishment with a scalable business model that has accomplished Product-Market Fit and has preferably secured first external funding (if your business model is one that requires external funding);
- your establishment is based in a developing or unindustrialized nation or has a strong business focus on developing and upcoming economies;
- you have a decent working knowledge of English;
- you are able to attend the Young Founders Conference in Berlin and can find time to take part in monthly mentoring and peer mentoring calls for the 6-month program.
- Please be aware that foreign candidates must have valid travel documents (including a visa, if required) to get into Germany and valid travel medical insurance.
How to Apply for Westerwelle Young Founders Programme
You can submit an application online for the Westerwelle Young Founders Programme through the link provided below.
- The application closing date is December 9, 2020, 11pm CEST)
- Skype interviews with shortlisted applicants (2nd of January to 31st of January 2021)
- Jury verdict and selection of applicants (4th of February 2021)
- Notification of all candidates (6th of February 2021)
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other scholarships here